1 I love You, LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock,
my fortress, and my deliverer,
my God, my mountain where I seek refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my high tower.
3 I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I was saved from my enemies.
- I Love You
- The LORD Is
- My Strength – Inner – unbreakable rock foundation
- My Rock – cleft of rock, for hiding
- My Fortress – Around Me
- My Deliverer – He Rescues Me
- My God
- My Mountain Where I Seek Refuge – a place to recharge
- My Shield – protection under attack
- The Horn Of My Salvation – pushes back and scatters the enemy, he is our defense and our offense
- My High Tower
4 The ropes of death were wrapped around me;
the torrents of destruction terrified me.
5 The ropes of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.
6 I called to the LORD in my distress,
and I cried to my God for help.
From His temple He heard my voice,
and my cry to Him reached His ears.
- You Are Going To Need It
- The ropes of death were wrapped around me
- Torrents of destruction terrified me
- Even the mighty worshiper David felt the weight of his opponents and his circumstances/anxieties
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
- A Conclusion You Can Count On
- He reached down and drew me out of the deep waters
- He rescued me from my enemies who were too strong for me
- Our enemies do not wait for us to have our best day, it was the day of disaster
- A spacious place – from confined and cramped and cut off… to a spacious place
- Because he delighted in me