We often get caught up in moments where we lower Jesus by elevating others or things or habits. Nothing can be equal to Jesus.
After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.
- You Can’t Take Everyone
- The Mountain Moment Was Not Meant For Everyone
- Do you ever let the process overwhelm the purpose?
- Have you ever started off with an idea to have a get together?
- You start worrying about everything being perfect
- You start fixating on the guest list
- What started off as something so simple now grows out of control
- If you try to fit everyone into every moment, it will not work
- Being Paralyzed To Pick Is An Evidence The Leader Is Not Clear On The Purpose
- Jesus knew the purpose and he picked accordingly
- He did not fret
- He did not poll the audience
- He was worried about the others not liking his choices
- He was fitting the people inside of His God-sized purpose
- If you know your purpose, it will help you pick your people
There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.
His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them
- This Custom Made One Of A Kind
- You Can’t Get This Just Anywhere
- Value is often equated with rarity – if it’s hard to get and in demand the value grows higher
- Where else can you get what Jesus is trying to give?
- They already thought he was great (Peter’s confession earlier in chapter 9 “You Are The Christ, The Son Of The Living God”)
- Glow-Jesus Is Greater Than You Thought He Was
- The longer you walk with him the greater he gets
- Because sooner or later you are going to need him
- When the you don’t have enough to pay
- When our sin feels so bad
- When someone hurts us and seems like there is no justice
- When it feels like I’m doing everything right but everything is going wrong
- Some sitting in this room thought he was great, but after you went through something
- You realized… No..HE’S GREATER THAN I THOUGHT
3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus. 4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”
33 As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter said to him, “Master, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” 34 While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and covered them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. 35 A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.” 36 When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone.
- “He Did Not Know What He Was Saying”
- Sometimes we need to just tranq dart ourselves like this (roll gif on repeat 3 times)
- Inaccurate & Inopportune statements create awkwardness
- Illustration: I once said, “Love you, see you later to a visitor
- Are You Interrupting The Opportunity In Order To Inject Your Opinion?
- This is for the person who always believes they need to share their opinion
- This is for the person who just can’t let it be what it is…
- They always have to add
- You Have To Learn Before You Lead
- You Have To Listen Before You Lead
- When You Inject Yourself, You Miss The Message…. Maybe Even Mess Up The Message
- When You Make Jesus Equal To Others The Opportunity Can Disappear
- We try to place others on same level as Jesus
- The Father Says “Let It Be”
- This Is My Son, The Chosen One, Listen To Him
- We often get caught up in moments where we lower Jesus by elevating others or things or habits. Nothing can be equal to Jesus
- It is suppose to be about Jesus
- It’s not about you. It was never about you. It will never be about you
- … oftentimes the most obvious sign is the one we miss
- This Moment Does Not Require Investigation Or Innovation. Rather, It Requires Inspiration To Be Received