What if someone’s shot at eternity was wrapped in my obedience of when and where I position myself?
3 So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee. 4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.
- Position Is Pivotal
- What lengths do directors and producers go to in order to get the perfect setting for their shot?
- What Are The Odds?
- The Father, Jacob had a chosen son
- His brothers sold him for the price of a slave
- Yet, miraculously he rose to a position with the power to save the world from famine
- His Father purchased a plot in their homeland and gave an inheritance.
- The Bones Of Joseph
25 And Joseph made the Israelites swear an oath and said, “God will surely come to your aid, and then you must carry my bones up from this place.” 26 So Joseph died at the age of a hundred and ten. And after they embalmed him, he was placed in a coffin in Egypt.
32 And Joseph’s bones, which the Israelites had brought up from Egypt, were buried at Shechem in the tract of land that Jacob bought for a hundred pieces of silver from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem. This became the inheritance of Joseph’s descendants.
22 By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and gave instructions concerning the burial of his bones.
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) 9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.) 10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
- Vision Is Vital
- Nothing is as it seems
- If you
- There is a well with water he is not going to drink
- There is food that he is not going to eat
- There is a harvest that they cannot see
- Timing Is Critical – “If You Knew, Then You Would”
- Choice And Divine Chance Are Doing That Dance
- Which well are you drawing your identity from?
- Which well are you believing in?
- If You Knew…
- If you knew you would stop wishing at the wrong well
- If you knew you would quit arguing with God
- If you know you would fall to knees realizing you don’t have to stay where you have been and who you have been all your life
- The Father and Son worked out a deal
- The purchase has already been made
- If you would transfer your trust today, we will bury your body in a borrowed grave and one day surely the SON will come with a shout and transport from where you are to where you were supposed to be