He will change it all! Just let Him.
1 Peter 2:6
For it stands in Scripture: “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in Him will not be put to shame.”
- Have you ever faced this in your life?
- Shame is a product of sin.
- How do we overcome shame?
- We are not equipped to overcome shame on our own, just as we are not equipped to overcome sin on our own.
- The biggest problem with sin, is it loves to grow in the dark…
- When people can’t see your sin, then you don’t ever really have to come to terms with it.
- The cycle of sin to shame happens, but it’s just for you to deal with it
- We want to believe we can handle this
- Have you ever found yourself in this sin to shame cycle?
- I’ll handle the sin
- It won’t get too big for me
- It’s just a thought, it’s just a conversation, it’s just an image, it’s just…. I got this
- This cycle led me down a path of destruction
- The cornerstone of my heart was built on me
- Full sacrifice was something I could never come to
- As long as I can keep up, it’s all going to work out
- The problem is, sin never stays just your sin
- My cornerstone needed to be rebuilt
- I was the 107
- The moment I gave up everything I built in the dark, I found grace in Christ
- These rocks represent the Hope in Christ that we have
- What if it could be different?