What does it take to get hype? Is it anger? Is it solitude? Is it a speech? Is it music? Is it a crowd cheering? Is it belief in your talent?
Inspiration Versus Transformation
28 Then the woman left her water jar, went into town, and told the men, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They left the town and made their way to Him.
- It Starts With Your Story
- Myths That Prevent Your Message
- Denial – I don’t have a story
- Doubt – No one will believe my story
- Disqualified – I’m disqualified because of past disasters
- Attribution Error
- We tend to assume the worst intention in people we do not like, and we tend to assume the best in people we do like
- She did not pick Jesus’s worst intention of exposing her sin
- She received his best intentionWhen you hear God’s message,
- When you hear God’s message,
- Do you believe he has your best life in mind?
- Do you believe he has the best fix for your marriage?
- Do you believe he has the best plan for your children?
- When confronted with a message that could have convicted her like a criminal, she received it with open arms
- “Instead convicting her, the message converted her.”
- Jesus has never tried to place people in the prison of their past… Rather, by faith is offering them a different future
- He is not overlooking our sin, our failures and our faults… He is overcoming them by his grace, mercy and forgiveness
- The Message Will Move Them
- The power is in contents of the message not the eloquence of the messenger
- You Can’t Improve Upon Perfection
- His Narrative Does Not Need Your Superlative
- Just Tell Them What He Told You
- How many need to hear your story?
- Myths That Prevent Your Message
John 4:31-35, 39
31 In the meantime the disciples kept urging Him, “Rabbi, eat something.” 32 But He said, “I have food to eat that you don’t know about.” 33 The disciples said to one another, “Could someone have brought Him something to eat?” 34 “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work,” Jesus told them. 35 “Don’t you say, ‘There are still four more months, then comes the harvest’? Listen to what I’m telling you: Open your eyes and look at the fields, for they are ready for harvest.
39 Now many Samaritans from that town believed in Him because of what the woman said when she testified, “He told me everything I ever did.”
- The Disciples Missed Something
- They went to same town
- They had a greater story to tell, water to wine, dropping the nets,
- Their focus was on lunch not on lost people
- They came back with no one
- Open Your Eyes And See The Prize
- The water you can’t drink, the food you can’t eat and the harvest you can’t see
- It’s not the food
- The fuel for the soul is that lost people are being saved
- Prisoners being set free is what drove Jesus to the finish line
- It’s not four months, it is RIGHT NOW
- If We Win The One, The Rest Will Come
- We win this city one soul at a time
- It’s probably not the one you are thinking
- God is going ahead of us. He is preparing the hearts
- For the 107,
- We are committing to the conversation at the well
- We are committing to sacrifice over self
- We will open our eyes to see what God sees, the harvest is before us right now
- The vision for the 107 commands us to value every soul despite what we may have been raised to think
- We must believe to see it