One word from God can change the direction of your whole life.
- Let Your Upbringing Shape You
- Moses was a misfit
- He didn’t totally fit in with anyone
- He wasn’t all Egyptian and he wasn’t all Hebrew
- One moment changed his life forever @ age 40
- Moses was a misfit
14 They made their lives bitter with harsh labor in brick and mortar and with all kinds of work in the fields; in all their harsh labor the Egyptians worked them ruthlessly.
22 Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: “Every Hebrew boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live.”
10 When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, “I drew him out of the water.”
One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. 12 Looking this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. 13 The next day he went out and saw two Hebrews fighting. He asked the one in the wrong, “Why are you hitting your fellow Hebrew?” 14 The man said, “Who made you ruler and judge over us? Are you thinking of killing me as you killed the Egyptian?” Then Moses was afraid and thought, “What I did must have become known.” 15 When Pharaoh heard of this, he tried to kill Moses, but Moses fled from Pharaoh and went to live in Midian, where he sat down by a well.
- Let Your Mistakes Mold You
- Some people think you have to be perfect/spotless to be used
- God can still use you even when you fail!
- GOD IS SO BIG HE CAN STILL USE SCREWED UP PEOPLE
- Let Your Uncertainties Refine You
- Has life ever put you in a new place?
- Moses goes from a PRINCE to a SHEPHERD
- If you can’t be faithful where you are, God can’t take you where He wants you to be
3 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God
10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
- Let Your Victories Affirm You
- If you hate the place God lead you to, you will not reach the place He is taking you to
- As an old man Moses finally sees the full picture of what God is doing
- ALL YOUR PAIN IS NOT A WASTE
- TO GET TO THE VICTORY, MOSES HAD TO GO THROUGH THE UNCERTAINTY, MISTAKES, AND UPBRINGING